A survey conducted by Gartner reveals that more than 39% of global enterprises have not built, customized or virtualized any mobile apps in the last 12 months. On an average, those enterprises which have decided to get their enterprise app developed have deployed 8 mobile apps, another 2.6 mobile apps are currently being developed and 6.2 are planned for the next 12 months per enterprise.
It has been recognized by tech companies that enterprises are struggling with app development, but what is the core reason for slow enterprise mobile app development? What are the top enterprise mobile app development challenges?
Let’s explore it in detail.
According to the survey, the primary barriers to enterprise mobile app development despite an increase in demand are lack of funds and resources, rigid worker hours, skill gap, lack of visible business benefits and ROI justification. Enterprise apps development cost concerns are there important, no matter what organization it is. The decision to develop an enterprise application should be taken after detailed research and analysis of the requirements and the resources that will be needed in the whole process.
Why Do We Need An Enterprise Mobile App?
A business application is a mobile software that can do various easy and complex tasks. This gives numerous direct and innumerable indirect benefit to the organization it is implemented. Integrating the mobile apps within the workplace can bring numerous benefits to the organizations.
Following are some of its major benefits:
- It enhances the efficiency of the staff at any workplace since they now have an additional device to do their job.
- It helps companies run its daily operation smoothly with the addition of another device.
- It improves productivity and enhances customer experience.
- Prompt Call-to-action and ease of management.
- Comply with the latest technology trends and clients needs.
“A Report Suggest Enterprise Mobile App Can Ensure 240 Hours of Extra Productivity per Year Per Employee.”
Presently, businesses around the globe are considering building mobile apps for their own employees and customers alike.
Contemplating an enterprise app for your business?
If you are thinking of initiating the process to develop enterprise app for your business or have already initiated but your app lags because of monitory constraints, development skills, or planning then we have to find a solution for it.
Why do Enterprise Apps fail? It fails because they are developed by a relatively less experienced team of enterprise app developers who do not undergo a grilling review process, which sets in high probabilities of potential failures being overlooked.
Take responsibility and dive deep to find:
- Why is “this” enterprise app good for your business?
- Who is it supposed to serve directly?
- Which categories of users-customers-operations are going to be affected indirectly?
- What about your legacy applications or software? Will be they be compatible!
- What about third-party apps and its integration?
- Analyze the security aspects and ROI beforehand.
You should not get your enterprise app developed just because everyone else is getting one. It should have a proper ROI justification and well-defined purpose. If this kind of analysis is not done, chances are, that you might end up spending loads of money on an app which does the same thing that your employees were doing without it.
Finding it difficult to define and choose the best platform, security aspects and more. These publications might prove helpful.
Enterprise mobile app security
DEVOPS-AS-A-SERVICE (DAAS) for enterprise apps
Xamarin for enterprise app development
How Much Does it Cost to Build an App?
The survey also revealed that the actual IT spends and enterprise mobile app development cost is consistently lower than they anticipated.
According to Appster – Based on the average number of hours required to build an app, the website calculated $171,450 to be the median cost per app. According to a 2016 survey of 300 senior mobile practitioners around the world by Enterprise Mobility Exchange, the most common budget size for the next 12-18 months was $250,000–$500,000.
Workers Hours and Skill Gap
Mobile adoption in SMEs and enterprises remains on an upward trajectory – many organizations are reaping the benefits of their investment in mobile technologies by developing and deploying mobile apps, and measuring its impact on the speed and productivity.
As per a study from Kony Inc. a third-party vendor of a leading mobile application development platform (MADP) that consistently scored high in research firm analyses. It says 87% of global business leaders expressed doubts and concerns on in-house app development skills and security vulnerabilities issues.
These facts clearly suggest that it is best to outsource or partner with leading mobile app development companies for enterprise applications.
How to choose an app development company?
Having a sharp focus, concrete goals, KPIs, and sufficient budget are the essential components of any mobile strategy. If yes, it is important for you to make the right choice regarding the enterprise mobile app development company you choose.
Here are few pointers to watch out for when selecting a mobile app development company:-
- Know what you want from your enterprise app development partner.
- Know what kind of agency you are looking for.
- Location matters – onshore or offshore.
- Check for companies interested in strategic development solution.
- It’s good to choose multi-platform-specialized company despite having single platform need.
- Know your budget and understand their mobile development strategy.
- Know the methodology they use.
It’s good to have enterprise app developers who do the planning and research with you – it will guarantee your app’s success.
Some of the Basic enterprise app development service should include:
- Mobile maintenance and support services
- Mobility software services on all OS platforms and devices
- Mobility managed services
- Mobility business integration services
- In-app analytics
- Integration with the mobile advertisement network
- Mobile application security
- User experience design
- Mobile application development
- Mobility strategy and consulting
- Performance analysis, quality assurance, and automated mobile application testing
Leading businesses must rethink their mobile app strategies and seek more efficient and cost-effective approaches to addressing the ever increasing demands of its business.
i-Verve has designed various apps for medium to large enterprises. We have a team of 100+ professionals who have designed hundreds of apps and helped our clients gain an edge over their competitors. The latest enterprise app that we have designed is – elogbook.
We remain in contact with our client continuously and do a thorough research before starting to write even a single line of code. Contact us and get a free quote for the enterprise mobile app for your own company!